As a professional businesswoman, you want to look and feel your best at work. But sometimes, we look and feel less than our best because we’re wearing clothes that don’t flatter our body shape. If you have an hourglass figure, you have what’s considered the most desirable body shape, but do you know how to make the most of it?
What is an hourglass body shape?
If you’re an hourglass shape…
- You have a tiny, defined waist.
- Your bust and hips are around the same size, so you look balanced.
- Your waist is considerably smaller than your bust and hips—around 8 inches.
- You’re probably curvy—with a fuller bust, hips, and bum.
- However, you can be a petite, average, or curvy hourglass—it’s all about the tiny waist.
The aim for most hourglass women is:
- Draw attention to your tiny waist.
- Enhance your curves.
- Keep your hips and bust balanced and proportional.
- Avoid adding bulk on top, so you don’t look top-heavy or boxy.
However for some women, especially in professional environments, the aim might be to not look too sexy, so you might feel more comfortable downplaying your curves.
Look out for:
Would you like to read the rest of the article? Go Premium to get access to exclusive content. Become a member of the top luxury businesswoman’s fashion site.
Jinnie Femme is Europe’s top luxury fashion and lifestyle site for businesswomen. Get a unique approach to fashion, culture, lifestyle, and beauty all in one place. As a premium member, you’ll get access to an exclusive network of styling tips, inspiration, top products, and tailored advice.